Tuesday, October 21, 2014

27 week bumpdate!

It's been a pretty rough week. I think my body sensed that I was in my third trimester, so it automatically started to make things harder for me. But really though. Every single night this week I haven't been able to get comfortable finding a position to sleep in, mainly because of the acid reflux. And because I can't sleep until the wee hours of the night, I can't wake up in the mornings. This can be problematic with me having classes at 9 am every morning. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out a way to make this work so that this week isn't as bad!

Another thing that hasn't been so fun... lately I've been getting a little bit annoyed with people. Over the weekend, Taylor and I went to the BYU football game. While we were there, there was this group of girls sitting in the row to the right of us. I looked over at them and two of them were staring at my belly and whispering to each other. Normally when you're staring at somebody and you see them notice you staring, you look away. This was NOT the case. They continued to stare and whisper to each other. I imagine they were probably wondering to themselves if I was fat or pregnant because then they proceeded to turn to another friend in the group and ask her something. Immediately, she looked over and saw me looking at her and her eyes dropped down to my belly, as if she was questioning something. I couldn't believe how rude they were being! I was almost tempted to say, "To make it easier for you guys, yes, I am pregnant." I realize that I'm not huuuuge yet, but I have enough of a belly that it looks like a baby bump. It just got on my nerves that they weren't even embarrassed when I looked over and saw them staring. Oh well, I guess I better get used to it. On to the bumpdate!


How far along? 27 weeks, the first week of the third trimester :) (Each bumpdate is from the week earlier, so right now I'm 28 weeks)

Total weight gain? 16 pounds!

Stretch marks? Yes... but they're not on my belly. I'm still slathering on my belly butter though!

Maternity clothes? Yep! Mostly still just the pants because a lot of my shirts still work with my growing belly :) I just bought this super cute dress from Charming Charlie that totally works with my belly too and it's the perfect maroon color for fall! Can't wait to wear it :)

Belly button in or out? Still in, but it looks like it's on the verge of popping out!

Sleep? Not the greatest, but if this is the worst thing I'll have to deal with during my whole pregnancy, them I'm pretty lucky.

Movement? Lots, he is one very active baby. Taylor told me that while I was still sleeping the other day, he had his arm around me and could feel the baby kicking a lot. :)

Cravings? Caesar salad, orange juice, pizza, macaroni and cheese.

Gender? baby boy!

Usually happy or moody? Happy :)

Looking forward to? Halloween! The hubs and I picked out our costumes, so stay tuned! haha

Best moment this week? We finally found the perfect coming home outfit for our little guy, it's precious! I've been on the lookout for a cute coming outfit since I found out I was pregnant, so I'm very happy about this haha.

Worst moment this week? Acid reflux :/ really hating it.

I made the time of the clock 1:09 because the baby's due date is January 9th :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment