Thursday, September 25, 2014

Apple Fritter Bread

I am so excited to post my first recipe on this blog! It has been a long time coming. Like, a long time.

While everybody else goes crazy over anything pumpkin flavored the second the season changes to Fall, my weakness is everything apple flavored. Yummy. So naturally, ever since I pinned this apple fritter bread recipe on Pinterest, I could NOT STOP thinking about it. Granny Smith apples and cinnamon sugar all baked into the sweet goodness of this bread, what could be better? That's where my pregnancy brain is always at: thinking about food. Seriously, all day long that's what I think about. It doesn't help that I have a major craving for all things sweet, so I pretty much had to make this bread otherwise I would crave it until I made it. And I'm so glad that I did. The bread was delicious and it filled our apartment with a heavenly smell. Love it. Enough talk, time for you to see it to believe it.






Recipe adapted from Rumbly In My Tumbly

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 apple, peeled and chopped (I used Granny Smith, but it's up to preference), mixed with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Glaze: 1 cup of powdered sugar + 1-3 tablespoons of milk (depending on the consistency you like)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Grease and flour a 9x5 inch bread pan.
  2. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
  3. Beat sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated. Add vanilla extract
  4. Combine flour and baking powder together in a bowl; stir into butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half of the batter into the prepared bread pan; add half the apples and half the brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a spoon.
  5. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
  6. Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment