Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother Knows Best


With Mother's Day soon approaching, I figured I would take this time to write a little something about my mom. First off, I have the best mom in the entire world. She is not only my parental unit, but my very best friend. She has been there for me through thick and thin. When I left Pennsylvania and came out to college in Idaho, all the way on the other side of the country, I didn't realize how hard it would be to not have my mom around. Don't worry though, I found a solution: calling her, every single day without fail. :)

I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever gone through that stage where I was embarrassed of being around my mom as a teen. Whenever I had friends come over, they always thought of her as "the cool mom." And, she always was the cool mom. I can talk to my mom about anything and everything. On my worst of days and on the days when something exciting happens in my life, she is the first person to get the scoop. My senior year of high school, there would be some weekends when I wouldn't go out and hangout with my friends, but I would go to the movies with my mom instead. I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything in the world.

I hope that someday I am lucky enough to have the kind of relationship me and my mom have with my own children. She helps me through every situation that pops up in my life, and I find that she always knows the right thing to say to make me feel just a little bit better. I guess the saying really is true, mother knows best. I think that all mom's have this built in sense of knowing EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. She knows when I'm upset before I ever have to say a word. It's like a spidey sense that only mom's have. I think that my mom and I share this bond where we are able to be good judges of character and we also get good or bad feelings about certain things in life. Like mother, like daughter I guess you can say. I'm so thankful that she is there to give me a nudge in the right direction when my mind is off in a million directions. I just want my mom to know how much I love and miss her and how much I appreciate everything she does for me. I can't wait until I'm able to go home and see her and the rest of my family again because I miss them all so very much. If there's one thing I learned while I've been out here at college, it would be to make the most of the time that I have with my family. I think that statement alone is proof that I have grown up in being on my own for these past few months. Friends are no longer the most important thing in my life, family will always come first. Love and miss all of my family. Happy Mother's Day mom ! <3

2 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful..Just like you, PS I love you and your mom !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks amy (: PS we love you too ! <3

    ReplyDelete