Sunday, October 5, 2014

Harry Potter Movie Date

Don't you just hate waking up in the morning knowing that your school isn't Hogwarts? Yeah, me too. Going to quidditch games, sippin on some butterbeer at Hogsmeade, going to charms class- that would totally be the life. OH and I can't forget that me and Hermione would be total bff's, duh.
I'm seriously so sad that there are no more Harry Potter books. That was my entire childhood. Call me a nerd, but I was seriously devastated when I didn't receive my Hogwarts acceptance letter on my 11th birthday. I'm still waiting for it. haha
But I guess the good books will always stay with you.. which is why I'm totally planning a trip to Universal Studios in Florida to go to Harry Potter World since there are now 2 Harry Potter parks! And the best part is that you can ride the Hogwarts Express from one park to the other. Just let that sink it. It would be a total dream come true. And little boy Williams will grow up loving Harry Potter too, I just know it. Oh and speaking of little boy Williams and Harry Potter, look what I found.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/14918242491261778/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/14918242491261775/

I already bought the leggings for him, now I just have to get those booties! Only the cutest little Harry Potter clothes for the cutest little Harry Potter fan.

So I bet you're wondering what all of this has to do with anything. Well, over the weekend the hubs and I did our annual Harry Potter Movie Date! Complete with homemade butterbeer. :) We only watched one of the movies, but I plan on doing the complete Harry Potter Movie Marathon.  Fall just makes me think of Harry Potter, so it was the perfect date night! And there are so many more things you can do with this date. Instead of butterbeer, I'm sure there's a recipe out there for pumpkin juice. You can make some pumpkin pasties, get some Bertie Botts every flavor beans, even make some butterbeer cupcakes! The options are endless. I'll put the recipe for the Homemade butterbeer below. Hope you enjoy!


Recipe adapted from Design Dazzle

Butterbeer:
  • 2 Liter Cream Soda
  • 2 tablespoons butter extract
  • 2 teaspoons rum extract (we didn't include this in ours and it still tasted great!)
*Drop the extracts into the 2 liter bottle, put on the cap and slowly rotate until combined.

Cream Topping:
  • 1 7oz container of marshmallow creme
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1 teaspoon rum extract (we didn't include this either)
* Add items together in an electric mixer and combine until smooth.

Pour the butterbeer into a glass and drizzle with desired amount of cream topping. We sometimes like to add caramel syrup on top of the cream topping. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment